· knowing “it is going to be a good day, after seeing the sun rise;”
· a loving and caring wife (Denise) who supports me in all of my endeavors, and who, most importantly, endures my idiosyncrasies;
· praying for patience six years ago and having the prayer answered by a stray dog, who we named Lucky;
· loving and caring family and friends who moderately tolerate my idiosyncrasies;
· being comparatively healthy and of sound mind (although my students may not agree with the last part);
· a fantastic job doing what I love to do and being paid a fair wage for doing it;
· an opportunity to “touch the future” by passing on what I have learned to the next generations;
· enough money to live a comfortable and productive life (although at times it seems there isn’t enough money…);
· the opportunity to travel and experience much of what life has to offer;
· being a part of the information revolution and seeing the positive effects of open and shared knowledge;
· living in a country and an age where information and ideas are freely created and shared; and
· finally, having the opportunity to share my thoughts easily with those who wish to listen.
Have a happy and safe Thanksgiving holiday and don’t forget to be thankful for at least, knowing it is a good day if you are reading this...